Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition works with the diverse communities
of Ontario to strengthen their social, environmental and economic well-being.
It provides educational resources and facilitates a Healthy Communities network
through a newsletter, monthly e-bulletin, web site and annual provincial
conference. Regionally-based Community Animators provide training and support
services to community groups to promote the development of Healthy Communities.
OHCC services are provided in both English and French.
OHCC is the adminstrative lead for the project. Through the OHCC Community Animation
Program, Community Animators working in various regions of the province will:
- provide outreach, training, facilitation and information services to community
members and groups that are interested in learning about and/or creating
- co-facilitate community workshops
- provide limited on-going support for community projects
- assist with developing strategies for fundraising and community engagement
and community partnerships
- help to coordinate communications among engaged communities via website,
e-newsletters, discussion boards, and annual regional or provincial workshops.